7 Tips on How to Create A Backyard Oasis
As the winter months are feeling longer and colder, it’s time to start thinking about the warm spring that will soon (but not soon enough!) descend upon us. If you’re anything like me, you’re counting down the days until you can host an outdoor gathering with your closest friends, socially distanced as needed of course. But alas, you gaze out over your snow covered backyard and wonder how can I create the perfect setting for these amazing spring and summer parties? Have no fear, Titan Tree Care is here and we have some easy and budget conscious tips for sprucing up your yards and patios just in time for spring
- Green is good! Adding diverse and colorful landscaping and potted plants around enhances a cozy feel. Some of our favorite flowering perennials include Coneflowers and Catmint.
- Bring on the beautiful bugs! Wait…what? Yes you read correctly; plant flowering plants that attract butterflies, hummingbirds, and bees. Salvia is a beautiful butterfly attracting perennial that will flourish in the Maryland, Northern Virginia, Washington DC 7A growing zone.
- Give that tree a haircut! Consult an ISA certified arborist to properly prune that overgrown tree to bring back it’s beauty and shape, as well as protect your guests from falling dead branches.
- Create separate spaces. Use that newly pruned tree to create a shaded lounging space or playful dinner table location. Separating a place to eat and a place to lounge encourages intimate pockets of conversation.
- Ambiance with lighting. You don’t want the party to end as the sun goes down. Use hanging strand lights or candles to create an ambient and mosquito free area.
- Bring on the color. Add fun brightly colored furniture or pillow accents to bring a jovial warm feeling to the space. Of course, be sure not to sacrifice comfort for appeal.
- Privacy. If your outdoor space is small, keep nosey neighbors out of your conversation by adding a natural privacy fence. Arborvitae, Hydrangeas, and Dogwoods are beautiful, privacy providing additions to any yard.
We hope that you can use some of these tips to make your next warm weather gathering an event to remember. Start dreaming up your plans today and call Titan Tree Care for all of your tree care needs.
Get a Quote
Looking for expert tree care? Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch!
Looking for expert tree care?