There are so many benefits of properly caring and maintaining the trees on your property. However, many people are unaware of these benefits.
Professional tree care and landscaping maintenance can improve anyone’s property in a variety of ways. Whether it’s stump grinding, tree pruning, or pest management, there are many benefits of proper tree maintenance:
- Cooling Effects – The evaporation from one tree produces the cooling effect of 10 air conditioners that have been operating 20 hours a day.
- Save Money On Energy Bills – Planting a tree on the side of your property will decrease your energy bills by 3% in five years. After planting that same tree, if you wait 15 years, your energy bills will decrease by up to 12%.
- Increase Resell and Property Value – Homes that take advantage of tree pruning and other tree care services can expect to see their property value increase. Homes with trees are much easier to resell than homes that do not have trees, and the property value of a home that has proper landscaping can be up to 15% higher than those that are not landscaped.
- Limit Noise Pollution – Having a row of healthy trees that are 45 feet high and 100 feet wide can reduce noise from the highway by 50%. Trees are a great way to reduce other sound annoyances.
- Save Money On Heating Costs – Tree windbreaks can lower heating costs from 10 to 15%.
There are plenty more benefits to having beautiful trees on your property. Here are some other things to keep in mind regarding proper tree care:
- Trees need a significant amount of sunlight. Most species will not grow unless they are exposed to at least 50% of open sunlight.
- Along with sunlight, trees need plenty of water to remain healthy. Trees need at least one inch of rain every seven to 10 days.
- According to the Department of Agriculture, tree pruning and trimming should happen at least once per year during the dormant season.
Aside from the tangible and financial benefits of having trees on your property, they just look good. Having beautiful, healthy trees on your property can be a great sight for anyone, especially you.